OptiRain is software for scheduling one or more local LAN-based EtherRain valve controllers. OptiRain for Windows installs on Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 computers. OptiRain Open is designed for use on local Linux, UNIX, and Mac OS X platforms. OptiRain irrigation scheduling software, when used with the EtherRain controller.
- Enables high efficiency scheduling - for water conservation
- Provides easy-to-use weather dependent scheduling - for plant health
- Provides a likeable, easy-to-use scheduling Interface - to eliminate programming headaches
- Provides seasonal irrigation set-backs - for year-around optimized irrigation
- Capable of Retrieving Yahoo! weather feeds by Zip Code - for accurate weather-controlled cycles
- Capable of being integrated with weather station data
- OptiRain saves money through optimized irrigation control
OptiRain for Windows consists of a user interface program and a scheduler. The user interface program allows schedule building, weather configuration, log viewing, and initiation of manual cycles. The scheduler, called the OptiRain Scheduler Service, operates in the background sending commands to the controller as determined by the schedule. Once installed and started, the OptiRain Scheduler Service executes the watering schedule whenever the computer is running, even when no one is logged in. The service starts automatically whenever the computer is powered on.